Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rush

Awaken! eyes bright as the sun
but still gloomy as last night.
The dew changed my skin to sleet
heavy on my frame

In a lying position, fooled by immobilization
I look upon myself; There's nothing wrong with me!
so why do i feel rain clouds?
I'm spirit heavy!!!

Awaken! Eyes bright as the sun
Birthed thoughts dance on my locks
I rise, only to shake them to start the scant and roll of more

My eyes dance as sun rays play against my skin
the more they dance, the more I feel my mind stretching
searching deeper in the gold mines in my mind
"I'm sittin' on a gold rush!"

Rich thoughts excite me! So I jump from slumber
they seep from grey matter to veins,
sprinting towards my heart

Getting higher and higher on life, my mind unfolds new pictures
Paintings larger than present life; instead the future
Bright and beautiful

The baton passes from my heart to my flesh
filling every crease and pore
causing me to move again!
Ready for the WORLD!! because I'm HIGH ON LIFE!!

That life that awaits me
NO MORE DRAMA!! just lifetime stories that will go on with my passing...
A LEGACY!!

So I buckled up my shoes and I started to run
Run wherever my feet would take me, to spread the good news
I stop every stranger, to share the burning good in my heart

"What do you mean?? can't you see what this can do!
This can change our lives!!"
"No longer would we have to depend on the system, don't you get it!?"
"We can make dreams live!!!"
"You think I'm crazy don't you?"
"You don't think it can work!!"
"I should forget it!?"

Awaken?
eyes down to the ground
a hanging head sheds clinging thoughts to the tips of my locks
falling steady as they are crushed with my steps

I retreat to bed, and sail to unconsciousness
"If only I can live in my dreams!! I'd light man a fire with a burning desire to live their dreams"

For only when majorities move the multitude follows
Upstream is never easy
It takes a dreamer to live it!!

No comments: