Sunday, March 29, 2009

Almost

I almost handed you my pain!
I almost ripped my heart for you
You almost made me cry my tears I’ve held for years...

Settling for your subtle love
I thought you were sent from above!
Thought about you every night, even when within your sight

You were so good!!
Talked me up and down my strain
Sat me down, you helped me maintain my calm
Being angry within...yet I still couldn't let you in!

Everything seemed right
Your lips dripped words of soothing power
At least that's what I thought

You revealed the guile in you...
Unmasked the face that was truly you
Shocked within...you played me for a sucker

Firing darts to separate me from what truly matters
Sowing seeds of discord...you had it all figured out!
Divide and conquer...

I almost made strife for me
I almost thought you'd set me free
It felt so good to know that I can let go...
I almost!! ALMOST let the true me show!!

1 comment:

sweetbrownsugar said...

this is true...we allow the tought of true love to distract us from our main goal in our life. If you not heading in the same direction with me then you have to go.