Sunday, March 29, 2009

Higher

Once grounded...nothing in my reach elevated me
I wanted to go higher

Surrounded by circumstances that wouldn't make me
instead would break me to pieces
I wanted to go higher

Climbing wasn't easy...in this society!!
Crabs in a barrel had nothing on me...
The will to drive towards my calling, eyes on the prize!!
I wanted to go higher

Nearing my peak, the storms got wilder
Winds blew colder! the roads got fogged up

Knees bent, head up to the sky i cannot see
as the dust and fog engulfed me...
I pray to my maker

"Dear God! Tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death
i will fear no Evil!!"

Imps plague my mind! as i utter words of praise
"GIVE UP!! you're a nothing, a NOBODY!!"

"But i want to go higher!"

Weak in the knees, i stumble to stand
Gathering all my strength, i fight to step further
1 against the voice in my head
2 to shatter the doubt ahead
3 I'm going to make it
4 Got to keep the fight alive
5 I want to go HIGHER!!!

Stronger!! i stand firm...
Ready!...Gone!
Like a gush of wind, i fly higher than high
for i've reached the top!!

The height is reached, the trials below me
Does it end here!!
NO! NO! I want to go HIGHER!!

No comments: