Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fight against my own

Dukes up!!
Everyday!!
Everyday I fight to live another day

On guard!!
Swords drawn!!
Swinging and slashing till the break of dawn

At night
I fight…
Even my sleep to come to me

I’m tired
This heat…
All this …was never meant to be!

I strive!
To stay alive…
As the battle gets hotter…

Just like stone…
How could I condone
That I’m fighting against my own!!

I’ve tried to run away
Just not to fight another day
But to my dismay, I was forced to stay!!

“you think I don’t pray!!”
Just not to fight another day
But to my dismay, I was forced to stay!!

“You think I don’t pray!!”
I pray for strength to stand and fight
To fight with all my might
That I may live free!
Free from the destructive “3” in my sight

Allies have come to stand beside me
But as they behold the war, their eyes deny me
So I stand alone to fight against my own

Bruised and scared
Tortured and marred from the darts against my skin
But I treasure my marks
For they can never touch within

I stand afar so others can see
What those I hold closely have done to me!
As a decorated Apache, my story no longer in fear
The question you’d most obviously ask me
Is “How can you bare?”

I’ve lived a thousand lives
In the sight of others
Many of which I gave no time to bother.

They tell me, “son you have a heart of stone!!”
My honest answer to him:- “that’s what happens when you fight against your own!!”

No comments: