Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I met Poetry

When i met poetry, i was young enough to be scared of the things that we would share!
But old enough to see that we were meant to be.

Poetry and me, we go way back
She tightened me up when my mind ran slack

We would make passionate love in any kinda weather!
and when things grew dim, she'd pull her light from within

Poetry held my hand when no family, friend or foe could understand...
if poetry had a body, she would be to me
the most perfect structure for all to see!

If poetry had a body, she would be to me
the perfect structure for all to see

She'd be tall and slender...OK!! maybe a little thick
enough meat on her bones that every guy would wanna stick!
Her lips sweet with words that are gentle to the touch
to give me more reason to kiss her much!

Her hands would be soft and aligned so i can write my letters
cause with her by my side, my understandings much better

Her hair would be the lines that i think and the verses that i bring
Long, black and many, when she combs it, it'll sing

Her voice will be the echo of my soul
that soothing resonance that makes me whole

Her entire body will be a temple where the good spirit dwells
her lips, breasts and thighs won't be the gateway to hell!!

Poetry and me we shine together
Me and poetry...yea that rhymes much better...

But no matter the order in which our names fall...
it'll be me and poetry through all and all...

Don't even think you can come between
cause i've already made poetry my queen!!

So bring the rain, bring the heat, bring the lightning, bring the thunder!!
For who God joins together, no man put asunder

Bring the rain, bring the heat, bring the lightning, bring the thunder!!
For who God joins together, no man put asunder!!

2 comments:

missp said...

You and poetry really do have something special. Nice one!

Ja'Mel said...

yea i remember when i met poetry too!
great write