Friday, March 27, 2009

Golden 1960's

I sat among an ERA
Rich with sound, lyrics and action
Filled with Golden figures and pillars of knowledge

Honored to stem from such a forest of life
My leaves green and robust, turning more and more to the sun
My apex razor sharp, but is saddened
For there are no other inspired buds behind me

I peer across the room, surrounded by centuries of wealth
No receptacle to hold or even brace these age old landmarks
Nothing young!!
All aged bodies, withering with time
Grey and fading black is all I see

I felt burdened by the silent cries of all
As they looked right back at me
Young narrow shoulders, slim legs standing among these oracles

My ears burned with delight
As I was serenaded by pleasantries of what the era birthed
Music to my ears, soothing to my soul as they painted pictures with thwarted brushes
Brushes given to them to live; in a time of lack
Who carries this era to the next?
Who then teaches our own young if no young is there?

Burdened! Disgusted! Shocked! That I stood alone
...I stood alone!
Pre-destined to learn and programmed to carry this load

Strength I pray and life I ask for those that have to teach
Patience I ask of those to open the doors to let me into their era long gone...
“The Golden Era!!”

The Golden boys and girls that enchants the soul
Of which I want to feed on
To garner strength for the journey ahead

Give them time! Some of mine! That we may live to nurture one another
Golden are they!
Golden I wish to become...

No comments: