Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yourself Mirrored

I've laughed the laugh of silence...

Jarring chuckles in the ear of my listeners!
Eyes, set dim, face a flat, expression "useless"

A solider like tramp from front to back, i walk, casting eyes neither left or right!
A silent stampede of my reluctance, evident in my appearance!

Though docile! my presence causes massive chaos in the simple minded...
as though i brandished guns of war & weapons of mass destruction...

Yet I only wore semi knitted brows, and a dissatisfied smirk..."because i was groggy..."
yet to them, i seemed like the devil's spawn...spewing scents of grudge & hatred, slinging spikes and daggers to all in my way!!

"Why read my mind!... make assumptions of my thoughts... then cast them on me, as though I conceived them!? Brand me with your thwarted thoughts of your uncanny reactions to a similar situations!"

"Then you call me devil!, then you call me bad!! then you call me rude!!!"

Take the plank out of your eye, before you warn me about the flint in mine!!...
For it is yourself you see, when you throw your remarks at me.

You throw stones at the mirror, for the image that you behold baffles you...
You cannot believe that it is your own demons you battle, and you try to manifest in ME!

4 comments:

7∞4 said...

this one definitely jumped at me... am thinking we could expand on it and make a monologue of it... keep writing though...

jps.

Toni the Poet said...

Love it...:)

Toni the Poet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toni the Poet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.