Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The secret

Quick!! Hide yourself from the coming darkness!! For it is the snare of unhappiest & despair!

I’ve ran from this pestilence for years, often seeking refuge in small holes and cracks of comfort, jumping from crevice to crevice seeking goodness & safety!

One day while hiding, behind me I turned to see a light “My secret” I thought, the one thing that I do not know the true meaning of!!

Slowly approaching & praying for deliverance, I drew closer to my redeemer, like a rare diamond, I’ve searched all my life for this peace, this “secret” that will save me.

Now to it, the light enfolds me! I welcome it with a tight embrace. “Warm”, I thought, this must be real, for it has strengthened and dispelled all doubts of weakness.

But like any other secret, it must be kept close to your heart, hidden for as long as you can keep it’s burning fire.

“For as long as I live, I would love to keep you” but I cannot keep you a secret much long!!...I must release you so that I shant hide anymore!... Can I not be seen with you? Can I not live in your warm, loving light? My secret! I love thee! But I wish to be free! Free of hiding, because you are powerful, you are great and might, but you are just as weak as me if you remain A secret!”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great piece Yaphet.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Sometimes secrets are like that warm and fuzzy but some can create problems later.