Friday, July 25, 2008

1 MAN...CAN!!

I almost forgot what today was like, until i nearly fainted tonight!!! Been having some dizzy spells lately...i really don't know why!? But funny enough, i return to the state that i woke up in...Half dead!!!

...awake my mind, asleep my body...bouncing off the walls of my cranium are my running thoughts; like track and field practice; what better way to know if your doing good, but by doing laps...

So off they went, 6:30 this morning! but as my mind went Jericho's route; my body fell further away...
Bad! like a hang over...but i didn't drink...i didn't smoke...i was normal!!! why would i feel like this!?

This messed with my mental the entire day!! even as i went through the day, disappointments stacked on disappointments..."ol house, pun ol house" my fore-fathers would of said...
"Why is this happening? why am i feeling this way?"

I had to meet with a client...that was another disappointment...i don't even want to go into that...
So in essence, i really just wanted the entire day to just go back where it came from...

"Oh shit!...i have the 'thing' to go to in Georgetown(another village on the windward side of the island...like 1hr:15mins from town!!) Man!! i don't want to go to that!..." In the midst of picking up the phone to cancel the meeting...i pause!! look around me...and started to get clothes to go...

So i pick up a white shirt that needed ironing...as i attempt to...the iron sticks to the shirt...holding it tight enough to burn it..."What the hell! arghhhh.... why is this happening!?...."

I pick up the phone again to cancel...but yet again...i pause!!... for what!? i look around me...and i proceeded to the chest of draws in my room, grabbed a crushed t-shirt...and left the house...

By this time, i didn't give a hoot as to how i looked, smelt or walked!! I stormed out, to get to this 'meeting'

Now if that wasn't enough to get me down and give up for the day!...the bus ride, was one filled with trouble!! Strange noises, arrogant people, constant off -route stops..."perfect! this couldn't be a better day"

Anyway, i finally get there...5 on the dot!...meet with the guy that I'm supposed to meet with, to take me to the real meeting!!

"Mr Jackman!" in his island countryside accent "the room that we normally meet in is locked! we may have to meet outside, if that's ok with you?" Great, i thought to myself...this just keeps getting better!!..."yea man! no problem...anything would work!" with the plastic smile on my face...

"Good!" he said "I coming back"

5....10....15!....20....30!!....35mins....he returns...."Mr Jackman...i don't know why these people haven't showed up! they set the time, but they ain't come!! i don't know why!!"

The only thing that was missing was my cross and nails...because i had surely been up for the kill of my spirit today!!!

But! just when i was about to blow my top...he calls out to another guy across the street..."Dick-I! com nah!!...

I looked across and behold...a crazy looking tall, dark, sweaty Rastaman, with sweets and mints in a bag, his 'ice, gold and green holey vest...with sandals to match! and his 'tom' to complete the outfit.

"this is Mr. Jackman, he came today to talk to you guys about the video thing..." said Mr. Green

"Respect!" replies the proud but shy Ras..."ok! nice to meet you!; sticks out his fist to be bounced, as he sits down on the stone steps of the compound.

"This!...this is who i came to meet today!! a bunch of 'has beens' and 'i wishers' that don't even look like they would last a day in a studio...even if you gave them a manual!!" i said to myself, bouncing him back; with a silent response.

"You can ask him any questions you have Dick-I" says Mr. Green...
So Dick-I got to talking, and i got to talking, then he got to listening...and i got to more talking...then i got to listening...then he got.... You get the drift....

Then it happened! i finally woke up! i woke up, from the pits of despair, and discouragement and opened my eyes to see....

"Life is at most complete, when you live it for the betterment of others!! You go through what you go through, for someone not to go through it!! you wake up and live, so that someone else doesn't roll up and die!! You walk the roads, wearing your scars and cuts, so that another warrior can see what they are getting them selves into!!"

I thought a man today!! one man!! not to give up on his dream, not to stop doing what he know he was called and gifted to do!! 1 man!!! ONE MAN!!!

That one man!! if not called by another man, could of continued to walk his merry way, and not live to see the day his dreams would've been fulfilled...

That made my day!! it made up for all the disappointments and all the aches, and all the frustration!!

"I'll gladly do it again God...but make me stronger for the heavier challenges and trails...because i know they will come again! especially if i want to do it again!!"

"I've pressed on... as simple as it may look, i changed history in some big, yet small way!!...

YOU CAN TOO!"