Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unfinished

I wanted to write one more poem
That one that would be set aside from all others
The one that would testify on my behalf, for I am too shy to say myself

I wanted to write one more note
One more for the harmony I possess in my head
That key that would sell my voice that would reach far nations

I wanted her to stay longer
To Linger in her presence again, but this time tell her how much she means to me
With each day, that kiss I gave her would mean more
Replaced by my voice saying…”I Love you!”

I wanted to come home earlier
Straying wasn’t right for me
Bleeding avenues and pitch black streets was all I knew!
But that light was praying for me to see it…

I wanted to see that light…
I did!, but I shunned it…
I Stopped trying to put meaning to this…
These words in stanzas and lines and phrases

I wanted to write one more poem
But I wrote this…
A mix of feelings and jumbled words…

I loved her! I hope she knew
If I had spent a little more time on this tribute
I know you’d love her too…

No comments: