Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oracle

Tired wings have flown afar

Now soaring home to nest

While sailing in the blue abyss

I froze within my chest


Long I’ve flown and soared and flew

To destinies untold

But this course was different!

This flight I braved, real BOLD!!


I saw her face from high

Never looked twice and even considered

But a scent was sent to stir my spirit

That something was in the making!!


I circled for sometime before I decided to land

Little did I know this time, there was a mystic plan


She bore a face as plain as the sun

Her movement with no intent

I drew a little closer, to understand what she meant


Her eyes, fixed with fair view directly into mine

And as she spoke and rolled her tongue, she began to break my spine


She spoke of things that troubled me, I thought I alone had known

As she continued speaking my tears began to glue


Hurts unfold, my blood ran cold

I thought I wrote a case!

But oracle sat there…

Fixing me…

Putting my heart in place


She sensed stuff!!

Stuff I hid for years

Lost in the dust of time, fed by the juice of mind

To stay dead! To be cold! To live hard!!


Oracle said she felt me!

She felt my weight, my pain afloat on a distant prayer

Sailing!

Seeking the master, just to hear! Just to prop it up!!

At least for my hearts’ sake!


“I was cold and alone up there!” I cried

“never to return to this place! Seeking never to live again under these circumstances!”


“You’re hard!” I’m told; “You’re baring too much!

You’re expecting too high!!”


The fleshy heart wants to burst out and love again

But!! They’re too many stitches that might tear

Wounds that never healed!!


As warm tears flood my eyes

Heat of memories that serve to remind me of why I was cold

I sprung a crack within my core, need more to wean me back to life!


She pried!

But only to wrench the clamp about my heart

She tried with the cease, cleared some rust!!


“What’s in this Oracle??

Can I trust!?”


Ashes to coldness, dust to brush, the oracle has spoken

Trust I must!!

2 comments:

shermaine said...

good for you!...i'm sure you felt gr8 after this write. another grreat right by the way....

success story said...

quite profound & beautiful with a nostalgic touch....i really enjoy it