Thursday, April 9, 2009

MY SKIN

He said I was made in his image and likeness
But I often question my form!

I imagine the mystery behind my making
Tempered to endure the knives and spears of the times

Laid to connect, bone to joint, hallowed sturdy with softness
Riddled with more softness to be tough and standing

Clad with “skin” but mine is special…
You see my “skin” has been tempered in the hottest fire…”Words”

Shot at day by day, by insults and discouragement
Stretched by lies and pierced with disappointments

All done to test my metal…my metal skin!!!
To repel the “1985” shit to centuries beyond
It was prepared for the days that hands or legs didn’t do the hurting
But invisible words!!

Looking like imps
they gathered like locust and ate away at my soul
Seeping under my skin through the passages I left unguarded.

My brain bleed as the leeches sucked my being and popped with gluttony
Overfed with my crying blood

Trying to bar the words with my skin…
My mind grew tired and dropped all defenses

Although not thrown at me!!
They fill the sphere with the fog of poison, drying my hopes out
Vapor by vapor…as my mind grew hot, burning overtime to send my spirit far enough
To a safe! Quiet! Humane place

But the clamps drew tight! And drilled the words into my eardrum
Pressing and grinding….bursting my mind away!!
BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!

All my skin did was grow hot till ice cold
My heart along with it!

As scream after scream, tumble after tumble, snarl after cuss they bled me!
Rendered lifeless on my bed, I cry to save my mind!!
“HOW COULD IT BE CALM!?”
Black blood pumps from my heart when bombarded by this plague of senseless words!!

No defense can be devised for such an ambush
All that can be done, is react when attacked!!
But how can I fight with my blood!
That which gives me life, is killing me slowly!

If my skin can cover or even grow
To blind,deaf and mute me…
My heart would be much warmer

So as not to grow colder…
Hear nothing
See nothing
Say nothing!!
Allow me to add…live warmer!!

For I’ve lived true lies and lives that weren’t true!
Why am I so cold, maybe heartless!?

I’ve had to give it away so that my soul can live
But my skin can stand the test till my heart returns
And with it’s return! My mind will be renewed

I pray the words will end, so my heart and mind can be at peace

1 comment:

shermaine said...

i really enjoyed this...awareness= realization=gradual amendment... you possess uniqueness in expressing yourself, consistently.
Attractive!