Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Me in ME!

Between the page and me, the screen and me
comes the fog

Between me and me through poetry
i have to see what’s within

I see the me, but not the me i see through lights and mirrors
Instead i see the spirit that dwells, but quelled only to shout with supervision

I feel the pull of me to me
The me i want to be, but cannot because it's outside of me!!

You see, the Me i am, is not the me i should be
The me i am to be, hangs my head in shame
Clutching the vain of life to put the death the me you see!!

No explanations...no!! no further explanation should i offer
The me i be, be screening the poetry that lives, that can kill
The me i be, be shrugging false remarks of poetry, no defense offered
The me i be, be killing Me!!
Be killing me....the me i be!!

I pray to be the me i should
To slay the ignorant and bless the willing
Stand on that pedestal to lead the weak
Be the revolution!!
Me the revolution!!

No longer to be defined by you!
No longer to run and hide from you!
No longer to rethink, redo, or comfort you!!
Just tell it like it is!!

The me i be, be gone soon
The me in me...
"Hello!"

1 comment:

shermaine said...

You have been doing some real soul searching lately!!!....just call me when you find Diamond. Perhaps we can negotiate...