Monday, January 26, 2009

Life Tomorrow

Tackled life with my bare hands, now blistered with successes and grief

Lying stiff as the dead, staring through greenheart

Racing thoughts boil my blood now oozing from the hole in my heart


I place my hand to stop the leak, only to inflict further pain to myself

A crack, that that turned to a leak, and has now morphed to a hole

Years of tapping pain, has reached like a flood seeking a container, but there is none


“Bondage bandage” no help for me, as my life seeps

Reaching my bloody hand to ones I love, but to no avail, my hand trespasses their path

Even weaker, my now cold body, almost “life less” wriggles slowly and steadily to the end of the bed


Attentive ears scan the air just for a voice, a sound of hope even

Dimming eyes seek the color of light, yet…my mind has sufficed the thought of a lonely tunnel

Cold, dark, windy, and futile


My end is nearing, as the last pint of blood oozes further

I slightly raise my head to behold a “stopper”

“It’s big enough to stop the leak! Wide enough to heal it quick”


I felt all hope was lost, as I made comfortable my dying body for its eternal position

I found faith again…reminded that I had something to life for…

To live for…another day, unlike today

No comments: