Monday, January 26, 2009

I Waited!

Ticking anger tapped and tapped to be released

Patience to impatience, it burned and broke your thoughts

Wreaking havoc silently in the midst of a crowd

Clutching at everything around you, but your snake oiled hands bears no grip


Wallowing in misery, painting a mask of many smiles

None can tell your sorrow

“How much can I pray!? How much can I write!? How much can I speak!?”


Though nothing changes, you still live on

Being washed by tsunami of pain, disappointments and disgust

“When will this season end?”


Almighty healer, is a simple “How are you today!?”

“You know I thought about you, and decided to call”

“Decided to spend some time chatting, what’s up?”


Almighty healer! is a simple;

Utterance of “I love you”, a peek into your past that would explain my present

A special reasoning that would make us bond!!


Almighty healer, many a time, yes a prayer away

But just the same, Almighty healer is “your word away”


“I almost died waiting for you!

Grew cold to the world, wanting you!

You watched me turn to ice, in your daily turns to help others”


I cried for you!

Acted out for you! even when you saw me

You read it as rebellion


Now what am I to do?

Grow colder? Grow even angrier than I already am?

Why? Because it’s you?


I’ve died now! Never to be the same again

But has promised to love and love hard

For you have shown me love, you’ve shown me your love for another

I have died to you, yet you think am I the same

You’ve never taken the time to know me!!

Now…you never will!!

No comments: