Friday, January 8, 2010

You know!!!

As much as you may think that I hate the best bone in you…
It’s the opposite!!

As much as you think that I’ve hidden; I’ve acted beyond plain sight
As much as you thought I was acting; I did it thinking I’d protect you!
As much as you think I don’t care; I care too much to see you cry again!

As much as you think I am hard; I’m putty within a shell
As much as you think I don’t think; my mind is going through HELL!

As much as you think I don’t miss you!... I DO!
And as much as you think that these are just words…
They’re the words that would get through to you!

As much as you think I’m away! I ALWAYS THERE!!
If the memory of what was is worth as much as this page
I’d write this poem again and again

Because for as much as you think that I’m cold as stone
These words would always stay here
To point your way home

1 comment:

shermaine said...

beautiful...soulful, as most of your writings are!