Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My mind 4-5/7/09

Our irresponsibility as a people is the noose that draws ever so tightly around our society. The mere fact that we know the perpetrators and henchmen that drive this country to its knees, lending to the debt unborn generations will have to pay, serves testimony to the fact that we do not care any longer.

WE! (the people) are the ones that builds up and breaks down ANY and ALL norms, fads, trends, governments, and societal expectations, world wide...
THE PEOPLE are the masters and these aforementioned are by products or even servants!!
The moment things go out of sorts, is the moment we forfeit our posts as custodians of the land,
settling only for temporary gain, and everlasting reprecussions through our actions...

Must we live on like this?! Blind bats, scampering at every sound that's made, flying in the other direction of the light.

Are we going to re enslave ourselves, maim ourselves, and isolate ourselves, thinking it will do "them" harm?

We've survived as a people, the hardest times and the toughest seasons!
we've been able to learn from our mistakes...there's nothing new under the sun!!
The people united, is the driving and holding force of a free and fair society...

Words to think upon!
There will be martyrs!! no one has ever been born knowing their faith, but it is decided upon as time progresses
The other hand that helps to clap, makes the difference! not the idle mouth that is quick to persecute.

No longer does the colour of our skin divide us...but the allegiance to a symbol
This nation MUST see the death of many, many that are needed DEAD!! many that were never supposed to die, but rather would've died for the cause of a better GUYANA...

The time draws near...TRIBAL WAR awaits us
I urge you!! "Make it right with the father!"
Numbers will fall...and yet again GUYANA WILL RISE!!

2 comments:

DeadCat said...

Hi Yaphet, thanks for being so accomodating at the open mic the other night. I was very glad to be involved and although I feel like I was most certainly an unusual addition, I was impressed by the welcoming nature of the audience.

I'm yet to grasp the political situation in Guyana, being only here for 5-6 weeks I wonder whether I truly will. However, hopefully this will be facilitated by the writings on you blog which I have now subscribed to.

I'm afraid that I'm not really the type to write politically influenced literature. There's something about art students that makes us (in general) a little allergic to the political climate an any obvious, extroverted way.

However, should you ever be interested to check out my prose I currently have one post (hopefully more eventually) on my blog with a sample of my stuff on which you may hopefully enjoy.

I terms of the flash course, I shall e-mail you a copy of the course document I designed soon. You can find some extra resources and general info about our experiences in Guyana on the digital guyana blog at digitalguyana.wordpress.com

-Matt

Anita D said...

good write!