Monday, June 22, 2009

My heart….If ever…

Time again!

I’m jolted from my sleep

Pressured by my ink to print on pages


As time stopped, my thoughts took over

Racing like the speed of sound

I felt I grew older as I sat on the bed.

Like all of time had left me!


Reaching for my mate, I held her tight

between index and thumb.

We began to dance, a somewhat

slow tune to break the highway thoughts.


I calmed quickly; moving right and left

spinning seldomly in between.

We started speaking on to another


I: Why must you be so crude, so rude

You know I need my rest?!


U: I’ve missed you!

It’s been so long that you’ve held me!


I: My dear, I think of you always

You’re always in my thoughts


U: That I know sweet one, but I prefer

your grip than your mental.


I drew her closer to me;

as we danced slower, smaller circles on the page were made…..

“Where is she going with this?!” I thought.


U: I never thought the day would come

I’d question your heart’s intent

but it feels far! Tell me you love me!


I shuddered immediately,

my grip begins to slide….

“She’s noticed!” I thought

We stopped dancing…..


I look closer at her face;

her eyes filled with questions.

The ink stops and all goes mental.


“How can I say my love for her has been meant for another,

digging a hole to fill that empty space I made?”


How can I say I never saw your face for love;

but blurted words to make you beautiful only to fall in love with my words!

Words I once said before to true love.


How can I live with knowing you’ve rid yourself of your past

but my heart still lingers in mine?


How can I say I’ve loved you for another?


Her tears bring me back to reality


U: Tell me you love me and not what you’ve made me….


I: …...


U: Answer me!


The pen drops!

1 comment:

shermaine said...

wow...the dialogue was soul gripping!!! i like the innuendo and leading suspenselol i loved everything. but at the same time wished that all "characters" were satisfied at the end.u'll have quite a few people thinking.....about the end...