Monday, June 22, 2009

Haunted 1

I’m raped of my sleep!

Drained stiff on my bed where most of these sagas occur.

Staring deep into my thoughts, to figure out the form I imagine.


“Is it you?” I asked myself time and time again.

Your charm is vivid, but your face has changed a thousand times.


“A thousand times”; I figured that number was appropriate for the love affairs you’ve suffered!

Yet so resilient! Never shifting


Shrieking questions pull at my heart,

pleading daily for an answer to rest it’s weary head and sleep eternal


“Was it meant to be?”

Reminiscent of changed figures but real as life letters

equating your name.


“Why must this be so?”

Am I the only one searching within my heart,

Treading the dim streets searching for true love and peace?


“Is it you? Must you go?

Should I let you?”


My nightmares grow darker as I

sink further and further away in pride;

scarring myself in your glee


“Answer me! Is it you I seek?

Is it you that raids my heart?

Is it you that holds my peace?

Is it you that brings my dreams?”


The silhouette figure draws closer and pauses,

staring back at me behind hair that hides her eyes.

1 comment:

shermaine said...

wow...dynamic. Haunted really shows another side of you...well done