Thursday, July 25, 2013

Write the right

There was a slash!
Eyesight blurry
The gash was across my chest
My hands all bloody

As knees grew weak
So did the world I stood in
Fading with the fall
All collapsed

With that slash
Egged the heat of battle
Lying there alone
The clashes swords were all in my head

My mind manifested a deep cut
That sword flung towards my flesh
Registered with such depth
Bleeding me quickly

"I see you holding a pen
And as you use that pen
I see you healing
I see you writing the right of your being"

"Writing the right of my being?!"
I played that like a mantra
Marching towards my minds' war
Avenging my lifeless, lonely body in the dust

All armed with pens
All edged to fierceness
This ground was holy
The purge aged ready

They plunged each point of their pens
Struck within the belly of the beast
Mauled each marching minion
Murdered each mindless mole

My pen avenged my mind
Released my righteousness
Replaced my resentment
With a cloak of wisdom

They won the battle
And the war
In light of a genocide
A fight for peace was won

I coughed blood as my eyes made sense of strength
Hands stained by a war I thought into being
I didn't lay in the dust anymore
I was on a blank page, with a pen in my hand
Ready to write the right of my being

No comments: