Wednesday, July 17, 2013

33/3

I deem you worthy!
Open validation was never my forte
But I scribe these words in your honor

We took it higher!
And maybe what I saw that day was right
But I think now neither of us would've evolved

It was permissive will
Something that's "ok" but not the best
We didn't settle for less!
We always yearned for more from us

But at our different levels that meant something else
You added up, believe me you did
But how could I count more if you weren't you yet?
I knew I saw your future, but now I know its was my reflection

You were me!
The unready, steady logic seeker
Who would guess and guess again until the very end was clear
The clear vision of how still I was in time before I drew strength

I was...
That sage...
That timeless spirit that found you for that time
And for that time only that you needed me
nothing more, nothing less

We clinged!
And from this plane, it was natural to see
Cause im that sage, and you're that page
From my first version of "3"

Don't get it twisted
I set out to tell you of your beauty
Of your grace and your royalty
But babe can't you see
What we thought was not to be

We stopped adding up
Cause I stopped adding up to where true love is
Shot past my purpose and got in the redesign
I read the signs, when they should've been read to me
I pulled a page from my history
November 29, 03'

At that time, you were that sage
And I was you!
You told me how much I'd be, but I never believed
Never conceived I'd see the day the script would flip
Karma surely is a cold heartless bitch

A ruthless mistress all the same
Taking hearts to play games
While saying it's a truce

The stain is pain
But hearts have gained wisdom in stormy minds
The most beautiful things are born outside the twine...
Of peace

And so the role was played again
Me the rooster, you the hen
And then the thread broke

I must be leaving
You not believing
I should be gone
You think im wrong
But who knows...

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
But if the heart feeds on you, its you it'll surely seek
Pressed down, shaken together and running...
Over with time, over this time, over and... why? (Sigh)

It wasn't meant to be this way
You had to go, I needed to stay
Stay to learn this lesson again
So this script can come to an end

And now you'll see
That in as much I needed to crash and burn
The "I" was always me
while "I" was always "you"
And "you" was always "me"
So the "I" was really "we"

"We" crashed!
and we're burning!
For God alone to see
That we were a reflection of one another
Version "33/3"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Felt every Word .. Beautiful