Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Come now, heart

Come now heart
Tell me a story
Remember what you said

Remember what you said about
Staying with me forever
About being my sun and my sky
As we basked in playful moments
We thought would never die

Remember you held me
And told me that you cared
That the beat we felt together
Was our sync that none would share

Come now heart...
Tell me a story
Remember what you said

Remember we held hands in the sight the sky
Stared deeply at our souls and swore we'd never lie
Stayed true to our words and tied our signs
There was nothing that could separate us
We were the essences of each others tongues

Come now heart...
Tell me a story
Remember what you said

Remember where we sat and planned
Where we reached with our minds
Mine was yours and yours was mine
We were inseparable

And even when I strayed...you stayed
Seeking a vile direction, you paid attention
It's where I needed you most, you came up short
your eyes contort my actions
Now there's no satisfaction

Come now... heart...
Tell me a story...
Begin with the truth

The past has no lasting memory
The bliss has gone up yonder and now I'm here
Alone...
Staring you in the face

Tell me! How have I reached this place?
Tell me! Why are the stains so deep?
Tell me!... How did we get here?!

Oh my heart...
You once bled for me
You once shed this led for me
Why Now do you retrieve?

You hatched to conceive this treachery
To recall this misery we never knew
To tend and mind this whirlwind we dared to brew
And now... this... just... kills me!

But remember...
"Never"
That's what you said to me!
"Never would I hurt thee!"
...So who am I?

Come!...now?!...heart...
Don't grow wary
I'm not scary
I'm just afraid

You've left me here
Alone and timid
Because I've never lived without you
What should I do?

Come...now...
heart...?

No comments: