Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oblivious, Oblivion

Walking with a burden that was never held
gliding on a tight rope that's as wide a canyon
in this state, there is no pain
only oblivion

many days saw her hugging her thoughts
sleeping with her imagery
arguing with the mirror
walking in his shadow

she wrote letters that were never posted
blew kisses that never flew
fluttered without leaving the ground
in this state, there is no pain
only oblivion

She took his face everywhere
pasted it on every fling and voyage
smiling to herself in words it spoke on the shoulder of another
digging deeper and deeper in her world with him

"when will i ever tell him?
what would i ever do?
how would i ever love him?
where will he know it's true?"

now the time has come
"where has the time gone"
"i thought you always knew?"
...

you shared some many days with me
you slept so many nights
i thought you always knew...
that i.... yes... I
Love you
...

I always walked without the burden...
without the burden of her love
without the knowledge of her glare
without the terrible of her stare

with ever step i took
it was away i strayed
strayed in the arms of another
never...knowing...hers

though you've held me, i've never felt your arms
now she's gone
with me never knowing
in this state...
I'm still Oblivious

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't leave you oblivious, but I'll tell you...I loved this poem!

DeliciousD said...

Romantic! romantic! that's all i will say!