Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alone

This will have no bearing on feelings still
Alone at will with no return to warmth
Bashful, crazy memories haunt us

Slipping slowly back to rigid emotions that pick away fear
Staring right back at "happy" times that grew no fulfilment

I'm locked in the cage of my own heart
Running mad in the sorrow of pent passion
Spewing to love again with no weight to carry

Scared of my own love that consumes worlds on end
Where has the world gone! Pushing me to the edge of a cliff

Give me wings so I can soar in the height of no return
Too far gone! I won't give love a chance

Monk to me and me
Alone to be
To be alone with no one to call my own

As the heart cries no tears
Alone!
Alone I will be with my emotions
Alone to dream who that will be
Alone... With me!

2 comments:

shermaine said...

relatable

DeliciousD said...

Touching and deep! It actually reminded me of a moment in my life.