Sunday, April 25, 2010

In due season

With seasons changing
the world turns another day
slowly drifting into another unknown era of time

"What comes again?
if nothing is new under the sun?"
yet, lives and experiences are all born

The old grows weary
withering themselves for the greater good of the earth
giving back all energies they've borrowed

"But why has the wind changed?
where has the sun gone with this turn?
why does the day darken?"

The world is sad...
unfamiliar things are now friends
it must learn to start all over again

"But why has the season changed?
why must the old wither?
where am i to be familiar?"

Nothing left but to spin and wait
wait on patience and time
lest the sky falls in anxiety

as the world turns slowly...
slowly does my heart shed...
slowly i transform with the season

For nothing is new under the sun
i've lived this time before in spirit
but i've gone afar in flesh

Now i seek recourse
finding memories within my meditation
craving directions in my hearts' walls

Turn... and let me be
Turn...and... let me be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally felt you on this one. Great poem. Keep it up!