Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Odyssey

I fear the scribe of love...
for scrutinizing eyes await my letters.
the window has spread it's light upon my page


I fear the cold of dark...
one crippled by it's consuming vacuum
in absence of an ear to utter my whispers


I fear the light the day...
the illumination of all secrets i once hid
now rides the rays that peer through the sky above and beyond


I wish to live the light...
transparent to every soul that beholds me
ridding myself of the shades of black and Grey
that discolour my mind and tongue


spelling...painting...impressing...
the isolation of my spirit


I'll live the life of light...
through periodic trials that line the road
the straight and narrow


Even in the light of adversity
my quest is set and resolute
that my words, thoughts and deeds ought to delight
and not ensnare


Uplift and not discourage
Praise and not blaspheme


The light of life dares to be
stretching, welcoming embrace
lending it's strength to the weak


Even from the "guttermost"...
i lift my head in light of hope
to be that light for one alike...


No comments: