Thursday, December 18, 2008

Imminent peace

Filled and overflowing with the emptiness of anxiety!
I doubt whether butterflies wings are that heavily laden

The dust from their wings, inhibits my breathing causing dizzy spells and glossy eyes
all with the intoxicating scent of tomorrow.

the 354th day in the year 2008, a leap year...
as midnight strikes, the air is cooler...as night lingers for a few more hours to be the first to kiss the coming dawn.

As the clouds reveal the rising sun, the sky gleams differently today...
there's a different aura on the flowers, and a different melody from song birds today...
Listen...can you hear it...

The air, the smell, the songs, the sounds...
all in your tribute! all for your return...

My breathing is slightly released
as i wake to the coming of her steps, the swinging of her arms, the rhythm of her breathing...

I rise today of all days, where the sun will shine brightest, the wind will blow coolest, and all things will be at peace.

My once palpitating heart will be quelled with the softness of her kiss
my jittering hands and eyes, will be steadied with the firmness of her embrace

My ears long her tender laughter
my eyes run tears of joy to behold her eternal smile
My soul is now at peace and at one

As i stand before her, years have kept us apart
but destiny has drawn us closer with each coinciding breath

Now to hear those words,
sail from the sweetness of her voice
from the honey coated lips i long to kiss every so gently
those words;
"I LOVE YOU"
as live as life...
then..and only then...
My world will then be complete

No comments: