Saturday, August 23, 2008

Powerless = Humility

I begin with a simple yet profound question...

What is a Titan without it's power? I submit to you my answer...a mere "over sized" mortal!

I am being thought a great lesson...probably the greatest in my life! i deem it the "detox" phase

In some cases i have stripped myself of vanity, and fame! In others, i have been stripped of these very things...but as the old saying goes; "Old habits die hard!" I'm beginning to believe that more and more each day.

More than 2 years ago

Young, aspiring, determine professional! Didn't have a care in the world...Good Salary (check) Good Job (check) Resources to my leisure (check) Perfect social life (check) Prospective business (check)
What else could i ask for!? But as i went along...i grew to realize that life wasn't all about it's fancies! It was about your "moral satisfaction" and what changes you can make to gear this world to be a better place!....So

I began to "strip" slowly but surely...i began to do away with the big shot parties, the executive spending, and mall hunts, and the pristine "then" life

Transitions of having alot to not having at all! was the gargantuan turn of events!!! But, with its seeming hopelessness from time to time! it cause the even & solid betterment of a "moralized" life!

Daily introspection and constant evaluations were conducted..."gene by gene, strip by strip, follicle by follicle" i saw the hemorrhaging caused by life past!
Daily now! i treat the case with "de-toxicating of" and the "surrogating with"...it has led me to the point of "madness"


Never understanding what "Re-hab" meant until this season of change! hence my title...Powerless = Humility


I was dependent on life's "wants" rather than the Almighty's "needs", thinking that i'm doing the right thing...making clear the once cluttered corridor to my inner conscience, has now shown me how insignificant and purpose less i am without him! Thinking that a good job, lots of money, favour in man eyes was the whole "sha-bang" but life has just began at 23 for me!

As mentioned before in maybe one of my chronicles; i was accustom to the pronounced and paved course that was revealed to me nearing my coming "older years" But ever since my minds eye saw no further than this age that i have acquired recently! don't you think that some eventful not forgetting pivotal happening has come to fore!

I my friend; will allow history to write it's needed pages according to my destiny! i see no further now! i'm guessing because i need not to trust in my own flesh...because the hand of man fails! but the hand of God is sure & just!

Believing now that i am almost bone, going to marrow of myself's "death" nearing the new being that i was called to be...forgetting the past & its joys is and will never be, the easiest thing! but "the storm is heaviest when it's almost over..."

I pray the end of my storm, for my mind and old body is about to swallow me up, because i am weak!

signed: being of transition, under pressure by the past!

No comments: