Monday, June 24, 2013

In awe

Nothing wanted to go wrong for everything was...
Right... at the time when the moon peaked...
I...peeked above my glasses at the right time...
To greet you the way you wanted me to...

So close to you I felt my heart beat...in my hands
in my hands... that's where you were?
This time...Beating to the same rhythm
Like the one that synced our minds

We Walked the walk
We talked the talk till we sat and dined
To a huge helping of one
and the other!

Thine be the glory of a deep love story
Ontop of social constructs and surely
Between searching questions, that were mandatory

Anxiety at its best!
Through strong stares and willfull articulation
There was a notion that begged the question
"Why won't you kiss me already?!"

But kissed we have!
I've kissed the mind of a kindren soul
That soothing resonance that makes me...
...hold... my...breath

when our eyes met...
Like poetry
You embodied me

Soulful yet helpless in a stare so deep
How can one stand on a hill so steep?
A downward slide to this golden creek
Where soliloquy and imagery finally meet

Broad strokes, turn narrow
While joy takes sorrow
You drink, I swallow
The wine I'd follow just to have a glass

The class with which you turn a pen without a page
You engage my every sense, you've reached the inner stage
to see a winery of untamed pleasantries

We've shared such fond memories in just our meeting
What if it were 10...or 20...or Zen!
But there I go again
Riding the raise of your brow
In a fixed stare to guide a returned glare to your lips

The sweetest words unsaid
Everything is happening in my head
Or is it yours?

I feel it ours...
As hours pass with no stopping
No stopping to take a breath from these unsaid words
Right now I'm...breathless

I "sigh" in my need to breathe
Wishing never to say goodbye
To stay in that air that's mine
That's yours... for hours and hours
Until I can't breathe again...
I swear it true...
I'm in awe of you!

No comments: