Sunday, February 6, 2011

Even Within

And even within the multitude of the saints a lost soul cries.

Baring a smile that lies to everyone

And everyone smiles, thinking "the Lord Bless you!

And Glory halleu!" but it’s not true! It never was!

How can I believe when my brother deceives me!

How can I receive when no one's there to relieve me?

How can I be blessed if I'm stressed with bureaucracy?

How could you be blessed if the leaders are not letting me?

We sit among you, waiting to shine just like you...

Waiting to be released in favor

Wanting to do what we're called to

But this is where flesh comes in

And because of the sin that so easily besets me

My gift is paused but the alter resets me

God and God alone gives me that life

But when I come to church my name's written with the lost in the book of strife

My people! Don’t get weary

This walk sometimes can be kinda scary

This is why you should hear the Lord’s call

And don’t allow your brother’s tongue to make you fall

Life could be hard, believe me I know!

But exposure is disclosure that’s my motto

You could come ask anytime, I’ve got scars to show

And now my life’s a living testimony

For others to grow

To my fellow leaders, my people never forget

We’re the younger generation, apart of this set

You were placed here to show us the way and be our stalwarts

Not to condemn us today and make us cowards

So my brethren! Hear my plea

He has blessed you with eyes so you can see

That the louder you talk in the groups et al

Is the more likely you make the younger fall

Even within the multitude of saints the lost soul cries

The lost soul cries with dried tears in their eyes

Look around you and you’ll know!

Just ask the holy spirit to guide you, and he’ll show…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!