Thursday, July 2, 2009

Inhale

Inhale!
I've taken in that scent, time and time again...
The scent of a hot iron on old sheets almost burnt but not quite there.
That scent, coupled with sky blue walls, a bed to the corner braced to the wall away from the door. Lined with a small table underneath a louvered window, with white lace curtains to hide what's within.

This room is where we sat...
Sudden lovers, sparked from silly conversation. Though sometimes serious
Her unassuming smile hid her heart and feelings towards me well.
I never could tell what she really wanted?
Lucky for me her uttered words held my hand and lead me right to her love source

Inhale!
I've taken in that scent, time and time again...
Avon roll-on and body spray
Twisting my senses round and round
like that of the towel about her naked body.
The temptation was ever so subtle, ever so real
This room is where we laid...and laid alone.

The full moons glow peeks through the glass
somehow reflecting on the mirror on the opposite side of the room
the only light that fondled our bodies
the scent of passion is endless!
mixed with that of slightly burned old sheets, Avon roll on, body spray and damp towels

INHALE!
the scent of sudden love, moonlit passion and fear of unsatisfaction.
This cloudless night, where the moon's just right, invites planets to align!
constant motion, of time in space, slips and re-enters
quickens and slows...
Inhale, exhale...Inhale...exhale...INHALE....and......
Hold it with both hands, tight knit and a wrenched face!

That's a scent I'll never forget, and will never have again
for parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments: