Friday, January 17, 2014

Glad LAD

And even as she lays there asleep
My thoughts are awaken with her
As we lay down the past for the presence of each others’ day
To give and to share our hours in one breath

We retire through time
While our thoughts are eternal
Seeking wisdom and understanding together
trusting the guide of the unseen man that I felt in her stare

She is real! And through her I know He's realier
The mere fact she lives so beautifully is testimony
To His attention to detail and love for mankind

And as she sleeps
I pray our dreams are shared
In sync with a love that's progressing
A Love...everlasting! 

I've never  felt deserving
nor willing to be charged with such a feeling
but this bliss with eyes wide open
I’ve died and came alive again

New life in this thoughtful stare
In the air for she has never laid beside me
But all i see is the image of her closed eyes
Staring back at me in a dream so real

As moments attempt to steal our breath
They’re welcomed as they forge more age to fortune
This love tune to set a record on long play
So sweet, it’s stuck on repeat

But for now I’ll just sit here and stare
Wishing that as I type these words
They all come through
Cause I’m really glad I met you!

No comments: